Quality Checker Inspector
Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion. PRIMARY FUNCTION: Oversees quality acceptance checks,
throughout the process for cups and cones, to ensure product is
produced to specifications, and directs the final inspection of
cups and cones to specifications. WORKING PROCEDURE:
- Directs, instructs, assists and assigns work to and performs
any or all of the work of cup and cone inspection, as
- Spot-checks passed material to ensure compliance with
acceptable levels of quality standards. Checks and makes final
disposition of rejected material. Consults supervision concerning
excessive amounts of scrap or rework.
- Determines the smoothness of ground surfaces by means of a
Hommel T-1000 or Hommel T-8000, including the set up and
operational aspects in order to obtain accurate readings.
- Checks the profile of parts for crown or hollow conditions
using a Hommel T-8000, including the set up and operational aspects
in order to obtain accurate readings. Changes v-block and
magna-sine as specified using hand tools.
- Checks the ID or OD of parts for surface configuration using an
RCF, including the set up and operational aspects in order to
obtain accurate readings. Traces are recorded on computer and
- Checks product for runout, squareness, eccentricity, etc. using
RCF or manual gauge. Inspects cups and cones at various
departmental locations visually for defects and dimensionally for
conformance to specifications. Checks cone ribs angle, cone OD and
cup ID using blue blocks and gauges provided.
- Picks up product at various locations, as required, for
macro-etch tests and handles and moves materials in and about
department using hand truck or by hand carrying.
- Processes product through various etching solutions, as
required, and visually checks for grinding burns on roller contact
surfaces. Hand sands front and back faces of cones or cups to
remove etch solution residue before returning product to
- Approves production of cups and cones, following process
control guidelines, for assigned machine operations
- Performs related duties, as required, such as making inspection
audits, sorting, verifying and filling out inspection forms and
keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- 3-5 years work experience in manufacturing environment or
related education preferred.
- Technical or mechanical background.
- Proven record of reliable attendance, strong work ethic and
- Demonstrated strong math and mechanical skills.
- Must have high school or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants
shall be treated equally according to their individual
qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender
identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any
other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Mansfield , Quality Checker Inspector, Professions , Bucyrus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!