Supply Chain / Materials Manager
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 7, 2022
*Must Have Automotive Manufacturing Experience*
SUPPLY CHAIN / MATERIALS MANAGER SUMMARY:
The Supply Chain / Materials Manager is responsible for on time
shipment of finished goods, freight, inventory levels, storage of
raw material and to acquire raw materials on time. They
coordinate activities of personnel engaged in purchasing,
distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
SUPPLY CHAIN / MATERIALS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supply Chain / Materials Manager prepares instructions
regarding purchasing system and procedures.
- Directs the preparation of and issuance of purchase orders and
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present
and future material availability and prepares market analysis
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
- Designs and develops systems and procedures to implement
purchasing, production scheduling, inventory control and traffic
which assures the availability of parts, materials and
transportation for an uninterrupted flow of materials for
production in accordance with “Just-in-time” delivery schedules,
while maintaining minimum inventories.
- Formulates, establishes and administers plant purchasing
procedures which are consistent with and supplement established
corporate and division policies and procedures.
- Develops procedures and requirements for parts suppliers to
improve timeliness of parts and materials delivery.
- Develops and implements visual inventory management systems on
the production floor.
- Provides for the maintenance of purchased materials and
supplies inventories to assure the availability of materials and
parts required to fulfill the plant’s ongoing need for these
- Sets guidelines and follows up with suppliers to improve the
efficiency of suppliers to provide cost savings while maintaining
the even flow of raw materials necessary to produce the finished
product for our customer.
- Assists in the development of inventory budgets for the purpose
of establishing acceptable inventory levels upon which performance
can be measured and operating controls affected. Provides
guidance to plant personnel for the management of inventories at
approved operating levels.
- Develops procedures to handle engineering changes during the
model year for the plant, suppliers and customer to provide for
orderly transition in the flow of materials and
- Assists Plant Engineering and Plant Quality Manager in the
Vendor Quality Assurance Program.
- Assists as required in resolving this disposition of
substandard or rejected materials.
- Develops procedures to handle changes in product in order to
coordinate the changes in parts and materials within the plant
system, with suppliers and with customer, to insure timely start-up
- Ensures supplies are delivered on time to provide uninterrupted
production and shipment of finished goods.
- Effectively adapt and implement computer technology in
developing orderly manufacture and on-time delivery of the plant’s
- Maintains Bill of Material and databases to support
manufacturing system software.
- Utilizes and practices methods of continuous
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have recent experience in an Automotive Manufacturing
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience
(customers, suppliers, employees).
- Results oriented approach.
- Broad based supply chain management and process development
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
- PC software skills and Strong ERP knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Strong time management skills and customer focus.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Mansfield , Supply Chain / Materials Manager, Professions , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!