Assembler - 3rd Shift
Company: The Gorman-Rupp Company
Posted on: May 24, 2023
*Assembler - 3rd Shift*
Interested in an opportunity to join a leader in the pump industry? The Gorman-Rupp Company, headquartered in Mansfield, Ohio, has been designing, manufacturing, and selling pumps and pumping systems for use in water, wastewater, construction, industrial, original equipment, agriculture, fire protection, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, and other liquid-handling applications for over 80 years.
Perform a variety of duties as assigned to assemble parts, components, subassemblies and complete units of the company's related line of stationary, mobile, submersible pumps, pressure boosters and fresh or waste water pumping stations in required manner to meet specifications and operating requirements. This position will train on 1st shift for the first 6-8 months and then transfer to 3rd shift upon completion of training program.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES*
*Assumes responsibility for the correct and timely completion of production functions through the operation of Assembly.*
* Operates production machinery to complete assigned tasks.
* Sets up all production machinery and equipment.
* Inspects parts visually and uses measuring tools to ensure compliance to specifications and drawings. Documents results as required.
* Performs re-inspections and re-work as requested.
* Work from established procedures, work orders, bills of materials, specifications, wiring diagrams, blueprints, verbal, written information or instructions.
* Use measuring devices, a variety of hand tools, torque and impact wrenches, other common hand portable power tools, drills, fixtures, grinders, trowel and concrete vibrator and specialized electrical circuit or nitrogen gas pressure checking equipment; touch up paints, solvents, lubricants, fiberglass or other resins and catalysts; ladder and arbor press.
* Operate drill press, acetylene torch, hydraulic press, cut-off saw and hoist or occasionally powered platform or lift truck to obtain, relocate, position work components or remove completed units.
* Attach motors or engines to pumps. Install flywheels as required or other parts specified. Wire alternators, switches, instrument panels, protective devices. Make or install, connect fuel, oil, or other lines, battery cable including conduit or other protective shielding arrangements for interrelated connections.
*Assumes responsibility for completing production functions in accordance with Company policies and procedures. *
* Follows established production procedures and instructions.
* Meets quality and safety standards.
* Meets deadlines.
* Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
* Indicate work as necessary to detect and eliminate run-out.
* Make ordinary or somewhat complicated pump station floor base or mobile, trailer-type unit layouts of company manufactured and/ or purchased components.
* Maintain close tolerance in alignments, bearing fits and clearance as required. Clean, prepare parts in proper manner. Use care to blow out castings, channels; deburr and remove sharp edges; perform other clean-up operations prescribed.
* Make accurate layout as prescribed of base, frame, wheel, hitch, fuel tank, control panels and individual units including items such as; brake and light systems or other similar components and associated pump unit.
*Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining good communications, coordination, and working relations with Company personnel and with management.*
* Assists and supports production personnel as needed.
* Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant concerns. Identifies problems and provides suggestions.
* Attends meetings as required.
* Report time, production or required information on proper form. Perform other similar or related duties as assigned by supervision.
*Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.*
* Completes special projects as assigned.
* Completes reports and documents accurately and timely as required.
*EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: *High school graduate or equivalent.
*REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: *Understanding of basic principles of machine operation.
Understanding of production standards and procedures.
*EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:* At least one year of experience in operating manufacturing equipment.
*SKILLS/ABILITIES: * Quality orientation and attentive to detail.
Good manual dexterity.
Cooperative and willing to assist others.
Ability to maintain production efficiency rates
Ability to closely follow written and verbal instructions.
*PHYSICAL STRENGTH: * Medium work; exerting up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and 10 lbs. constantly.
*WORK ENVIRONMENT:* Typical manufacturing environment.
Work Keys Skills Testing
Assembly Testing (Written and Hands-On)
Drug Screen, Physical and Background Checks
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person
*Assembler - 3rd Shift*
Keywords: The Gorman-Rupp Company, Mansfield , Assembler - 3rd Shift, Other , Mansfield, Ohio
here to apply!