Key Account Sales Consultant -Mansfield, Ashland, and Marion OH
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people
doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC
Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of
metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products
and services. Watch to find out why you should work at MSC and join
us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive
workplace.Requisition ID :10525Employment Type :Full TimeJob
Category :Sales / Business DevelopmentWork Location : Mansfield,
Ashland, and Marion OHState or Province :Ohio (US-OH)Potential Work
Location :United States : Ohio : Mansfield, Ashland, and Marion
Territory: South of Tiffin and covers mainly Mansfield, Ashland,
and Marion, OHAs a Key Account Sales Consultant, youll use your
unique perspective to build key customer relationships, identify
business opportunities, and negotiate and close business deals. In
this dynamic role you will collaborate with the team to increase
sales opportunities and maximize revenue in alignment with MSCs
long-term strategic goals. HOW YOULL CONTRIBUTETranslate your keen
insight of customers needs and drivers into sales that advance
their success as a business and of MSCs success as an industry
- Apply our unique insights to address customers priorities and
reframe how they view their business to foster conversation based
on customer needs, not MSC capabilities.
- Use account planning tools, prescriptive analytics, and
research from marketing to teach customers something new and
compelling about their business that leads to MSCs differentiated
- Leverage Subject Matter Experts to assess and identify
improvement opportunities as it pertains to procurement, inventory
management and application of product in the indirect supply
- Partner with Business Development team to assist in closing new
business and effectively onboard customers.
- Collaborate with National Account Manager to achieve overall
National Account strategy.
- Incorporate economic drivers with deep knowledge of customers
business, current macro/microeconomic and industry trends, and
potential new business opportunities.
- Conduct due diligence to understand customer value drivers and
leverage these drivers to influence a wide range of customer
- Establish value with customer before discussing ROI/financial
terms by qualifying and quantifying the impact of maintaining the
status quo or pursuing competitors solutions.
- Drive momentum and proactively advance the purchase decision by
assessing customers readiness to proceed at each stage of the
buying process and setting clear next steps.
- Create constructive tension by leveraging facts from research,
benchmark data, and best demonstrated practices to introduce new
ideas that challenge the status quo and reveal to customer high
costs they may have been incurring.
- Tailor presentations and commercial insight to customers
industry, company and contact and deliver relevant messages based
on current industry trends that will impact their business.
- Must use our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
Salesforce.com (SFDC) and adhere to prescribed actions under the
MSC Sales Management Standards.
- Cross-sell and up-sell by thoroughly understanding customers
value propositions, key business objectives regarding growth and
profitability, and the industries they serve.
- Identify and arm the mobilizer (influence and power beyond
title) with toolkit to sell MSCs solutions throughout their
- Research industry trends that impact customers and become
recognized as a trusted advisor on the industries they serve. WHAT
IT TAKESThe intellectually agile and professionally driven sales
professional we seek should have these skills and competencies.
- Self-motivated to achieve specific sales and performance goals
(2 years demonstrated track record of success in B2B sales
- Ability to create constructive tension and align stakeholders
involved in the decision-making process to drive consensus to MSC
- Solid history of decision making, taking accountability,
demonstrated competitive spirit and ability to overcome obstacles
- Strong interpersonal skills along with attention to detail and
- Drives results
- Customer focus
- Teaching for differentiation
- Tailoring for resonance
- Taking control
- Instills trust
- Decision quality
- Develops talent
- Communicates effectively
- Action oriented
- Manages conflict
- Situational adaptability
- Bachelors degree in business, industrial distribution,
manufacturing or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with Salesforce.com
- Valid drivers license capable of driving up to several hours
each day and ability to travel
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and perform physical activity
such as pushing, pulling, bending, and climbingWhy MSC? People.
Collaboration. Insight. Thats how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our
customers to help them drive business results. With more than one
million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across
industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater
productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory
management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care
about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+
team members achieve their potential.When you join our team, you
will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions,
training and professional development opportunities, Associate
Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and DisABLEd
as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's
health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to
learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better
career at MSC.Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed
to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal
employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants
and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age,
sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected
by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the
Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click to
review.PandoLogic. Keywords: Sales Representative, Location:
Mansfield, OH - 44901Required
Keywords: MSC, Mansfield , Key Account Sales Consultant -Mansfield, Ashland, and Marion OH, Other , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!