Customer Service Specialist (15282)
Company: FCS of Mid America
Posted on: January 9, 2022
At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest
asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide
range of experience and skills who have a desire to serve.
Currently, we have over 1,500 employees across Indiana, Ohio,
Kentucky and Tennessee.
Here is what our company offers:
- Competitive Salary
- 15 Vacation days, 15 Sick days, 11 Holidays
- Award winning 401(k) with outstanding employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term, Long-term, Life and other
- Fitness incentive
- Tuition Assistance for employees and dependents
BASIC FUNCTION: The Customer Service Specialist (CSS) provides
exceptional internal and external customer service by delivering
and supporing the delivery of financial services. Responsibilities
include establishing, developing, and maintaining strong and
effective working relationships with internal and external
customers, handling of incoming customer phone calls and walk-in
customers, handling of financial transactions, monetary accounting
activities, funds deposits, and daily reports. The CSS also
provides general administrative support for the other roles in the
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS:
- Creates a positive customer experience by delivering timely,
thorough, thoughtful and responsive service in a way that exceeds
customer expectations while meeting internal deadlines.
- Effectively engage and connect prospective borrowers to the
- Uses Relationship (our Customer Relationship Management
software) for follow up, comments and per business
Establishes, develops and maintains strong internal and external
customer relationships by coaching others and consistently
providing quality service.
- FRONT LINE CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Primary contact to greet and assist customers, prospects, and
visitors when they visit the retail office. Answer incoming
Marketplace customer phone calls using the Finesse Phone
- Monetary Transaction Processing:
- Receipt of loan payments
- Funds transfers
- Cross sell products - Farm Cash Management, Remote Deposit,
Paid, Online Banking
- Transaction keying
- Wire transfers
- PAID forms completion and Online Banking forms
- Customer initiated loan disbursements
- Incoming payoff requests from customers and outside
- Daily balance via Batch processes and check scanning
- Take cash deposits to the depository bank daily
Completes activities to reconcile required daily, monthly, etc.
- Loan and Customer Support:
Strong working knowledge of resources available to meet customer
needs and when to engage them
- Contact customers to resolve account discrepancies to
Credit line overdrafts
- Insufficient fund notifications
- Past due notices and delinquent accounts, involving the FO or
RLO as needed per policy
- Payment of late charges
- Transfer customer calls to the appropriate team member
- Monitor Relationship Channels and Marketplace Mailbox
Proficient internal processes - Relationship standards, Finesse, &
- Monitor insurance policies/cancellations, scanning per manual
- Complete post-closing instructions as assigned by the Closing
- Support other Customer Service Specialists in the Marketplace
in times of absence
- Process customer requests for account information
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Records Management and Retention
- Complete documents to Release Lien at Loan payoff to
Titles and Title lien statements
- Purge Do Not Destroy documents tied to loan payoff
- COORDINATION WITH RETAIL TEAMS:
- Primary contact for Marketplace email account.
- Distribute emails accordingly or complete requested tasks as
aligned with position descriptions, or as otherwise
- Scan all customer supplied information during application
process and as needed to support other roles. Examples include:
balance sheets, tax returns, annual financial update information,
construction receipts, paid invoices, etc.
- Assist with Marketplace marketing and meetings as
- Coordinate the Ag Direct follow-up process by emailing the
appropriate AS or FO via Relationship linked to customer.
- Perform Post-Closing Relationship task when signed closing
documents are received at your office.
- Perform all office scanning - includes balance sheets, tax
returns, and other required documentation, all signed closing and
- Supports Construction Loan Disbursement as requested involving
scanning invoices, lien waivers, writing checks, etc.
- Assist Crop Insurance with customer mailings, phone calls and
scanning as needed.
- Assist Agribusiness customers with Front Line Customer Service
- Monetary Transaction Processing and scanning.
- ADMINSTRATIVE AND FACILITY SUPPORT:
- Provide general administrative support for RVP / DRO and Retail
- Pick up and distribute mail.
- Serve as primary contact for facilities vendors, building
upkeep and maintenance.
- Coordinate paying of bills. Order and maintain office
- Monitor non-employee access to the building with assistance
- Complete monthly expense report for office credit
- REPRESENTS AND COMMUNICATES THE MISSION AND VALUES OF FARM
MID-AMERICA and complies with its conduct policy, security policy
and confidentiality expectations.
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
The Senior Customer Service Specialist serves as a positive role
model and professional resource for all Customer Service
Specialists. Team members in this role will lead by example,
inspiring collaboration, process improvement and innovative
solutions. This individual demonstrates thought leadership,
embraces all opportunities to share ideas and fosters an
environment that exhibits our association's purpose and values. The
senior team member motivates others to be their best and promotes
success across all roles. The Senior Customer Service Specialists
champions organizational change, continuous improvement and the
delivery of exceptional customer experiences.
The senior team member must demonstrate the ability to operate
independently, execute accurate work and deliver quality service
while managing these additional responsibilities:
- Serve as project/initiative representative and incorporate the
perspective of other roles to move the Association
- Assist with the development of processes & documentation of
processes to support operational consistency.
- Onboard and develop new Customer Service Specialists; mentor
and teach others.
- Facilitate team meetings, attend meetings on behalf of
- Assist with and conduct peer loan reviews, provide tangible
- Identify issues for discussion, development/training, process
improvement, or procedural revision.
- Assist in monitoring and prioritization of workload
distribution enabling others to grow & develop skills.
- Assist leader with compiling reports, distributing & utilizing
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS and GRADING GUIDELINES
High School diploma and at least three years of successful
experience in two or more of the following areas: administrative
support, financially related customer service, computer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
Knowledge of: Farm Credit Mid-America products, services,
Association technology and accounting systems along with Customer
relationships and experience, internal and external: REL and
Channel standards: Monetary transaction processing: loan and
customer support: Records management and retention. Coordination
with retail teams-administrative and facility support.
Skills in: Providing exceptional customer service; coaching others;
researching courthouse documents; interview customers to obtain
financial information; interpersonal relations; verbal and written
communications; listening; organizing; problem solving; matching
products and services to customer needs; translating features into
benefits; cross-selling;using accounting and loan origination
systems; using computers.
Ability to: Be flexible; work efficiently and accurately; identify
priorities; work with interruptions; maintain confidentiality; work
independently and with a team; be disciplined; achieve goals;
accept and implement corporate strategies; demonstrate Association
values; relate positively to others; listen to customers; use
systems and computers; be logical; work under stress; overcome
objections; manage time; assess risk; professionally represent Farm
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to:
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve
customers and give and receive information from staff, vendors,
outside consultants and the public.
- Use computer. This involves reading the screen and
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on
technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out
essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to
staff, officers, board members, customers, vendors, and/or the
public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to leaders and other staff in
the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting
concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and
critique such information as written material, numerical data,
responses to customer needs, and/or other related work
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or
without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy
to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with
disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or
change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
veteran status, disability or any other category protected by
Keywords: FCS of Mid America, Mansfield , Customer Service Specialist (15282), Other , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!