Director of Nursing
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Health & Wellness Director RN
Brookdale Mount Vernon
1615 Yueger Road
Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050
Sign on Bonus of up to $2,500!
Brookdale is a great place to work!
* Brookdale was ranked #1 , nationwide, in customer service for
assisted living and memory care services by J.D. Power &
*Brookdale Mount Vernon is seeking a team oriented clinical
leader to join the leadership team! As Health & Wellness Director
you will be part of the team to ensure that our residents and
associates enjoy a professional, engaging and caring environment in
which to live and work.
Call Julie Arnold today at 703-946-2095 to learn more or apply
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so youll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But youll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and
patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that
is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive, or commission plans.
Manages the day-to-day clinical services of a more complex
community to ensure residents healthcare needs are met. Ensures
residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality
care as residents healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides
leadership, as well as coaching, to licensed nurses and other
direct care staff within the community. May be responsible for
leading additional clinical leadership team up to five members. The
HWD level for each community is determined based on the total
complexity of the role. Complexity criteria include, but are not
limited to, factors such as size, type of product lines, medication
management regulations, 90-day assessment requirements, multiple
licensure requirements, state regulatory complexity, and skilled
services requiring an RN.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based
licensed, certified, and non-certified clinical associates.
- Empowers clinical leaders to supervise, direct, and motivate
staff within their oversight.
- Assigns and directs work of clinical leaders and subordinates;
appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates;
addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Provides training and education to caregivers on an ongoing
basis with classroom in-services and situation-specific
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews
documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses
health, oversees medication administration, oversees functional and
psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service
plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident,
evaluates effectiveness, and maximizes the residents opportunity to
remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the
dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures
that family members are aware of the residents need for scheduled
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new
residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior
to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments,
service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as
required by policy and as described or allowed in Nurse Practice
Act or other state regulation.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate
care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with
resident families with the intent of returning resident to
- Evaluates residents, documents changes in condition, and
notifies Executive Director, residents physician, and residents
legally responsible party/family of resident's condition and
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents status and
condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician
appointments and visits.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving
home health care, hospice services, and other third party
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care
issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate
parties as needed.
- Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist,
doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance,
etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Workers Compensation claims by
appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and
involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as
This job description represents an overview of the
responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An
associate should perform all duties as assigned by their
Education and Experience Education as required to obtain state
nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Preferred a minimum of 3 years
clinical leadership experience. Working knowledge of basic
technology and electronic documentation. Skilled nursing experience
may be required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements LPN/LVN
or RN license.
Management/Decision Making Applies existing guidelines and
procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound
judgment and experience to solve complex problems based on
precedent, example, reasonableness, or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct
skill or function and desire to understand the culture and work
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Mansfield , Director of Nursing, Other , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!