Speech Language Pathologist - HH
Posted on: June 6, 2021
This is a part time position, working roughly 6 visits per week
with part time benefits.
EncompassCare believes each employee makes a significant
contribution to the quality of life of our residents and the
success of the organization. Employee contributions are not limited
by assigned job responsibilities. Therefore, this job description
is designed to outline essential functions, qualifications and job
scope, but not limit the employee to the responsibilities
identified. It is EncompassCare's expectation that each individual
will be flexible in offering their services to ensure the highest
quality care to our residents.
Provides speech therapy services to patients in a home health
environment by assessing patient needs and generating treatment
programs with established goals.
- Because EncompassCare exists to care for our residents, regular
attendance and punctuality are essential to provide quality
- Commitment to EncompassCare mission and values.
- Must be in good physical condition as the position requires the
ability to stand on one's feet throughout the day, as well as,
push, pull, move and/or lift repetitively a minimum of 10 pounds up
to greater than 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to complete performance requirements independently
while using good judgment as well as have the ability to
harmoniously work with others.
- Leadership ability to take action and achieve results through
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
- Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in
a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal
precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare
- Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries,
and equipment to supervisor/appropriate personnel immediately.
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster
- Adheres to all policies of the company, including job
description, certification requirements, mission statement, HIPAA,
confidentiality standards, and patient rights.
- Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is
receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in
carrying out assignments.
- Communicates effectively and professionally while maintaining
patient confidentiality when corresponding with patients, patients'
family, and other healthcare professionals.
- Performs and conducts work responsibilities and interactions in
an honest, ethical, and cooperative manner using effective judgment
and decision making.
- Knowledge of all Agency regulatory standards including
policies, procedures, and proper Home Health bag technique
- Evaluates patients to assess patient needs, conducts
assessments necessary for creation of patients individual Plan of
- Plans and implements individualized treatment program by
identifying short and long term goals and methods to achieve
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to patients,
families and other health care team members
- Assists with the development of appropriate Home Exercise
Program to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in
their own environment
- Documents results of individual patient's assessments,
treatments and termination of services
- Adapts/modifies patient's individualized treatment plan to meet
the needs of the patient
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the visits delivered
for effectiveness and efficiency
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgement in evaluation,
planning and implementation of patient therapy programs
- Demonstrates flexibility in visit scheduling and patient
- Documents measureable objective data related to patient's
function as well as the ability to accurately assess patient's
response to treatment
- Communicates in a positive, clear, professional manner with
patients, families and other healthcare team members, especially
when providing education
- Attention to detail with the ability to work independently
- Attends and participates in scheduled training, education
classes and meetings as required
- Responds timely to patients, family members and other
healthcare team members
- Collaborates with other team members to meet the ongoing needs
of the patients
- Ability to adjust and adapt to changing
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment, including proper care
of Company provided equipment
- Follows EncompassCare policies and procedures regarding
timeliness of documentation, submission of payroll and
prescheduling of patient visits
Keywords: EncompassCare, Mansfield , Speech Language Pathologist - HH, Other , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!