Executive Sous Chef 1
Company: Parkhurst Dining
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Parkhurst Dining, part of the Eat'n Park Hospitality Group, is a
family owned, family run company that provides culinary, dining and
catering services to over 80 organizations and universities east of
the Mississippi. We believe that food is best when made from
scratch with locally sourced ingredients, prepared with heart, &
served with a smile. This culinary experience is uniquely and
authentically Parkhurst. If you've been searching for a place where
you can do what you love, love what you do and have room to grow,
As a part of the management team, the executive sous chef 1 works
under the direction of the executive chef as the second culinarian
in a department where the managed volume is between $1.51-3.5M
annually. This position acts as a second level leaders for the
kitchens and is solely accountable for a cost center. This role
also leads a kitchen site independently and assumes full ownership
of the kitchens when the executive chef is not on site. The
executive sous chef 1 oversees the preparation of meals for guests,
maintains food inventory, adjusts food production to meet fresh
ingredients availability, and oversees hourly team members on a
day-to-day basis. Other responsibilities include contributing to
menu development, supply monitoring and ordering, staffing, and
development and guest satisfaction with culinary offerings.
Client, Customer and Guest Relations:
- Prepares menus and food selections to meet needs of clients,
customers, and guests.
- Visits all dining areas to assess customer satisfaction levels;
evaluate customer suggestions and implement changes as needed.
- Develops and maintains cooperative and congenial relationships
with staff in other departments.
- Proactively addresses customer and client needs; Identifies and
- Models the Smile Plus hospitality imperatives.
- Purchases all food according to budget and approved purchasing
- Controls food costs through use of company production
- Ensures that correct quantities of foods are made and correct
portions are served. Reviews portions with service staff as needed
to avoid shortages.
- Monitors food waste and overproduction; makes appropriate
- May prepare food cost reports and review with executive
- Five or more years of professional experience with three or
more years of culinary experience.
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts preferred or
equivalent job related experience.
- Ability to organize workloads and meet time deadlines.
- Strong leadership and team management skills desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft software programs.
- FREE meal during your shift.
- 20% discount on any food purchase at Eat'n Park, Hello Bistro,
The Porch, and Parkhurst Dining.
- Paid time off.
- Access to continuous development with Smile Universe.
- Eligibility for 401k, vision, dental, and medical plans.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
Eat'n Park Hospitality Group provides equal employment
opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Parkhurst Dining, Mansfield , Executive Sous Chef 1, Hospitality & Tourism , Tiffin, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!