MT / MLT / Medical Technologist II/III - Full Time/Part Time/Per Diem - Days/Afternoons/Nights
Location: Mc Cutchenville
Posted on: November 15, 2023
**Now offering new rates!**
Performs routine and complex analytical procedures, recognizes
deviations and provides interpretation following established
standards and practices.
- Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and
procedures. Complies with requirements of accreditation and
- Process biological specimens for analysis. - Evaluate and
solves problems related to specimen collection and
- Performs routine and complex analytical procedures, recognizes
deviations, and provides interpretation.
- Operates instruments and performs procedures within the scope
- Performs scheduled maintenance procedures. -
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and acts according to
- Performs, records, and maintains accurate quality control
records. - Recognizes out of control results and takes appropriate
- Answers inquiries regarding results and factors affecting
results. Acts as a liaison and fosters effective communication
between laboratory and health care team, maintaining patient
- Performs routine inquiry and data input on the laboratory
- Ensures accuracy of information in the computer systems and is
responsible for corrective actions.
- Utilizes computer software to enhance specialty area.
- Instructs new associates and students as required. -
- With respect to experience and education, assesses competencies
of other test performers.
- Must complete required number of CE units
- Must complete mandatory in-services
- Maintains and upgrades personal professional development.
- Provides guidance to co-workers in the absence of an on-site
Supervisor regarding staffing and technical issues that arise.
Other duties as assigned.
Education: Doctoral, Master's or Bachelor's degree in a chemical,
physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical
technology from an accredited institution or transcripts showing 60
semester hours from an accredited institution indicating - 24
semester hours of medical technology courses or 24 semester hours
of science courses that include 6 semester hours in chemistry, 6
semester hours of biology, and 12 semester hours of chemistry,
biology, or medical technology in any combination OR meet an
alternate qualification route for Testing Personnel for High
Complexity Testing as detailed in -493.1489
Years of Experience: Completion of a clinical laboratory training
program approved or accredited by the ABHES, the CAHEA, or other
organization approved by HHS OR meet an alternate experience route
for High Complexity Testing Personnel as detailed in -493.1489.
Certification: American Society of Pathology (ASCP) MLS or
Categorical eligible at time of hire with certification achieved
within one year of hire.
Personal Protective Equipment: Lab Coat, Gloves, Protective
Eyewear, as required.
Physical Demands: Must be able to move continuously about hospital
and between workstations; and prolonged periods of standing. Must
be able to tolerate exposure to disease bearing specimens, odorous
chemicals, carcinogens, mutagens, low-level radiation, electrical
hazards, and flammable liquids. Must be able to differentiate
colors. Must be able to move, lift or carry materials weighing up
to 50 lbs., 5% of the time. May have to stand continuously for the
entire shift. Must be able to input and retrieve information from
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. -For more
information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Mansfield , MT / MLT / Medical Technologist II/III - Full Time/Part Time/Per Diem - Days/Afternoons/Nights, Healthcare , Mc Cutchenville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!