Acute Charge Nurse
Posted on: November 14, 2023
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:The Inpatient Services Charge Nurse is an
additional "responsibility" assigned to the Inpatient Services RN,
for a limited period of time, and for specific additional duties,
as assigned by the Program Manager. The Inpatient Services Charge
Nurse ensures appropriate provision of Acute Dialysis Services and
treatments within assigned hospitals/facilities by coordinating,
scheduling, and directing Acute Patient Care staff and by
performing Acute treatments as needed or directed by Program
manager. Assumes the provision of quality patient care to all
hospitalized patients in the most efficient manner in accordance
with company policy, as well as regulations set forth by the
company, state and federal agencies.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES:Under limited supervision, applies considerable
complex knowledge to perform a broad range of tasks which include
but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as a subject matter expert and resource for staff members
on assigned Inpatient Center treatment floor.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine daily work, and
general instructions on newly introduced assignment, but may
escalate issues to Program Manager for resolution, as deemed
- Coordinate and schedule direct patient care staff to provide
coverage of Acute Dialysis treatments in contracted
hospitals/facilities and ensure efficient patient scheduling and
staff utilization in accordance with the TAP scheduling tool.
- Maintain and review the daily TAP tool for all
hospitals/facilities under their direct supervision and submit
results to the Program Manager for review.
- Ensure all Acute treatments are performed in contracted
hospitals/facilities according to the established policies and
procedures, and in compliance, with all applicable regulatory
requirement. Ensure accurate documentation of information related
to patient treatment is entered into ACES during the time of
- Monitor on a daily basis ACES compliance.
- Perform Quality Assessment and Improvement (QAI) Program audits
as directed to ensure the provision of quality patient care and
compliance with all Joint Commission requirements.
- Participate in QAI meetings as requested by the Program Manager
to assure proper reporting of QAI activities
- Assess daily patient care needs and communicate concerns to
attending physician. Implement changes in patient care/treatment as
directed and in collaboration with prescribing physicians.
- Perform Acute treatments according to current Charge Nurse
Guidance recommendations and oversee all dialysis related medical
and emergency functions.
- Communicates with the physician and other members of the
healthcare team to interpret, adjust, triage and complete patient
care plans in the most efficient and safe manner.
- Coordinate with appropriate technical staff to ensure
preventative maintenance program for routine machine maintenance,
to ensure the timely repair of disabled machines, to coordinate
infection control measures, routine water culturing, water testing,
logging of results, transportation of equipment and supplies, and
communicate technical information to the staff.
- Serve as liaison between the administrative staff of each
hospital/facility and the Program Manager.
- Practice cost containment strategies in all areas including
medical supply inventory and personnel.
- Reviews and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and
federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by the Program
- Other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform these essential functions.
- Day-to-day work includes desk and personal computer work,
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- The position requires travel between assigned facilities and
various locations within the community. (Travel to meetings may be
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and
the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may
occasionally be required to move with assistance, machines and
equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water
solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet. There is a
two-person assist program and "material assist" devices for the
- Inpatient Services RN's, Inpatient Services PCT's - at assigned
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification
- Must meet the practice requirements in all states
employedEXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS: - - -
- Minimum of 9 months nursing experience; plus 3 months of
specialized experience providing clinical nursing care to dialysis
patients in an Acute or Chronic setting required.
- 6 months dialysis experience in an Acute setting preferred
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the
position, including continuous quality improvement, relationship
development, results orientation, team building, motivating
employees, performance management, and decision making.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership
in the supervision of dialysis personnel and to ensure the delivery
of maximum quality care to all patients..
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) interpersonal and
customer service skills.
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Mansfield , Acute Charge Nurse, Healthcare , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!