Posted on: September 20, 2023
Utilizing the nursing process provides high quality direct and
indirect patient-centered care to medical and surgical patients in
a post-acute care rehabilitation setting. - Incumbent will
coordinate admissions for the entire building by going through
their hospital admission paperwork, reconciling medications with
what they took at home/hospital, inputting medications into
computer system along with all orders, calling pharmacy if late
admission to make them aware of orders, calling MD to go over
orders, helping charge nurse with body audit and helping
family/resident with WAT admission paperwork.
Incumbent will demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth
and development over the life span and the skills necessary to
provide age appropriate care of the patient population served. -
Incumbent will promote the profession of nursing and professional
practice through collegial support and interactions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current licensure in the state of Connecticut
- Maintains clinical competency required for area of assignment
- Minimum one year hospital or LTC experience strongly
- Able to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and
- Possesses basic computer skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. - They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. - These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- Performs population specific comprehensive assessments and
re-assessments of the medical and surgical patient's condition and
care needs including the psychosocial, physical, educational and
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span, including pediatric (> 16 year
old), adult and geriatric population and the skills necessary to
provide age-appropriate care to patients served. - Able to
interpret data about the patient status in order to identify each
patient age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient
- Assess and reassess pain. - Utilizes appropriate pain
management tools and techniques. - Educates the patient and family
regarding pain management. - Documentation reflects assessments,
interventions and evaluation of the effectiveness.
- Keeps plan of care updated as indicated by assessment and
patient response to treatment. - Evaluates overall plan daily for
effectiveness. - Involves the patient and family in the formulation
- Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the
potential for medication errors. - Demonstrates knowledge of
medications and their correct administration based on age of the
patient and their clinical condition.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient
- Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a timely
manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations. - Utilizes critical thinking skills and
sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
- Formulates and implements a teaching plan for patients and
their families based upon identified learning needs (ex. CHF,
pneumonia, etc). - Evaluates effectiveness of learning.
- Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with
evidence-based standards. - Pursues personal and professional
growth and development. - Serves as a professional role model and
- Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's
condition for safe transfer of care.
- Ensures central line dressings are changed per orders, IVP
medications are given within pharmacy recommendations and
treatments are done in a timely manner and documented
- On call rotation, every 8 weeks.
Keywords: Nurse.com, Mansfield , Admissions Nurse, Healthcare , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!