Surgical Scrub Tech PRN
Company: USPI, INC.
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job Summary Anticipates the needs of the surgical team.
Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures
in the operating room. Reporting Relationship: Reports to Clinical
Director/Administrator Essential Job Duties and
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment.
- Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count
pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning
areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all
patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attends inservices, conferences, and meetings as required.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy. -
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
the center. -
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center. -
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
About Us We focus on offering a high quality, service oriented
environment for your surgical procedure. Accreditation & Physician
Ownership Information: - Our facility is accredited by JC. - Baylor
Scott & White Surgicare Mansfield is -a facility in which
physicians have an ownership or investment interest. The list of
physician owners or investors is available to you upon request.
Number of ORs and Treatment Rooms: 5 -ORs 0 Treatment Rooms
Specialties: -Our state-of the art equipment allows surgeons to
perform procedures in the specialty areas of:
- ENT, General, GI, Gynecology, Orthopedic, Pain, Plastic,
Podiatry, Spine, Urology
#USP-123 #LI-SS1 Required Skills:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual
shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma/GED; completion of a Scrub Technician
Program. Certification preferable.
- Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
in standardized situations. Other skills and abilities: General
familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and
surgical procedures for an operating room.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that shall be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and
hear. The employee shall regularly lift and /or move up to 25
pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
- USPI'S EDGE-(Every Day Giving Excellence) USPI'S EDGE is the
key to the differentiation of USPI as a customer-focused company.
The process of completing EDGE- requirements establishes processes
and measurements that are collected, assimilated, and shared
throughout USPI. All employees are involved with EDGE. The
involvement can range from doing their jobs to taking on the role
of gathering and/or entering data into the computer. All employees
shall at some time during their employment be required to
participate in the EDGE program. Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act of 1996 Responsible for knowing the processes
involved assuring the standards established by HIPAA, and ensuring
they are followed including the practices and records relating to
the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information.
- Work Environment: -The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic
chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne
particles, extreme cold, and the risk of radiation.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and the
risk of electrical shock.
United Surgical Partners International (USPI) is a leading
healthcare organization that provides excellent employment
opportunities at their ambulatory centers. Perks of working with
USPI: --- Ability to maintain a healthy work-life balance. USPI
values their employees' personal time and recognizes the importance
of taking time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones. As a
result, USPI's ambulatory centers operate during regular business
hours - no weekends, holidays, evening, or call. This allows our
staff to enjoy their personal time without the stress of being
on-call or working long shifts, which can be especially important
for those with families or other personal commitments. It also
helps to prevent burnout and ensures that employees have the energy
and focus needed to provide high-quality patient care during their
regular work hours. In addition, this schedule our staff to have
more consistent and predictable work schedules, which helps to
reduce stress and improve overall job satisfaction.
--- Competitive salary and benefits: USPI offers competitive
salaries and benefits packages, including medical, dental, and
vision insurance, paid time off, and retirement plans.
--- Career growth opportunities: USPI provides various career
growth opportunities through training and education programs, which
can help nurses advance their careers and expand their
--- State-of-the-art facilities: USPI's ambulatory centers are
equipped with the latest technology and equipment, providing
technicians with access to cutting-edge healthcare tools and
resources. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: USPI, INC., Mansfield , Surgical Scrub Tech PRN, Healthcare , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...