Sr. Project Manager - Power
Posted on: August 21, 2019
Sr. Project Manager - Power
Functional Role Description:
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) serves as a client account manager
and is the primary point of contact for the client and other
outside consultants concerning the project(s). The SPM is fully
responsible for the overall development and execution of a
portfolio of projects (typically $1MM+ project fee), including:
project profitability, quality, safety, client satisfaction,
controlling available resources, project scope, schedule, budget
and contractual requirements. The SPM possesses broad knowledge,
understanding and experience with the standard engineering and
construction models including A/E, AEPCM, or Design Build. SPM's
provide leadership and organization to the project and instill
confidence in the client regarding the project team's abilities.
The SPM demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal and
written) and maintains specific knowledge of planning and
scheduling functions and a thorough understanding of contract
administration, liability and safety issues.
- Supports business and relationship developments activities of
- Coordinates completion of defined work scope for a project
between disciplines/locations involved.
- Assists in preparation of project execution strategy and
reviews progress as drawings and specifications are developed and
prior to issue for permit and construction.
- Monitors changes in scope/schedule and secures Change
Authorizations, as required.
- Manages project financials, pricing and cash flow.
- Develops, reviews and approves all project management documents
including: scope development, project costs and schedules, and
- Develops proposals, project specification/scopes and negotiates
- Monitors project costs and quality to ensure the profitability
and technical performance of the project and develops innovative
actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercises cost efficient and innovative approaches in the
design to save construction costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipates, recognizes and identifies key project
issues/problems and establishes objectives and priorities in
solving them and determines solutions and directs their
- Prepares periodic reports for the client to track cost,
schedule, and quality performance.
- Issues regular invoices for contracted work and services
payment, and follows up on past due invoices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 20+ years project management experience in a consulting
- Experience managing complex power and utility projects in a
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer or PMP Certification is
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The characteristics described below are representative of those
encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands
and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use
fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may
include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- The job will generally be performed at Middough's office, but
may require occasional overnight travel to the Client's office,
production facility or industrial/construction job site.
- The employee may be assigned to work at a Client's office,
facility or site for an extended period of time. Conditions will
vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will
generally apply. When performing outside Middough's office,
appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided
by Middough and/or Client, as required.
Middough Inc. does not support sponsorship for any applicant that
requires an employment visa (i.e. H-1B) to work lawfully in the
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the
principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women,
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Middough, Mansfield , Sr. Project Manager - Power, Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!