VP of Operations
Company: Construction / Project Management, Mansfield, OH
Posted on: October 16, 2018
The newly created Vice President, Operations position will support the execution of construction projects for a $100M+ company with 250 employees and locations in Mansfield, Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, and Lakeland, Florida.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversees and supports corporate operations including all projects and self-performed work at all locations throughout the country.
• Ensures field personnel follow project schedules as outlined by the Project Executive/Project Manager; works to ensure obstacles are overcome to achieve that end.
• Manages, trains, coaches, counsels, and disciplines direct reports including but not limited to General Superintendent, Manpower Manager, Project Managers, Field Superintendents, Foremen, Equipment Manager, Shop Manager, and General Labor workforce of approximately 175.
• Participates in the documentation and administration of performance reviews.
• Ensures proper set-up of project from an operational perspective including the assignment of project managers, efficient allocation of labor, equipment, and project specific resources. Offers logistical options for alternate manpower and equipment sourcing as needed.
• Controls all corporate owned equipment and tools with the assistance of the Equipment and the Shop Managers.
• Identifies staffing needs, recruits, selects, schedules, and assigns employees with the assistance of the current Manpower Manager and future Recruiter.
• Ensures employees follow established policies and procedures.
• Ultimately responsible to ensure the proper training of subordinate employees.
• Works to ensure the enculturation of safety policies and procedures on all job sites.
• Provides input to the Project Executive team on the feasibility of bid opportunities as they relate to the forecasted capacity projection of resources.
• Serves as a technology resource for field-specific needs.
• Supports strategic planning initiatives.
• Previous experience in a similar role within the Construction Industry.
• Bachelors degree in a related field preferred.
• Personal initiative and ability to prioritize work independently.
• Manage multiple areas of responsibility and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills along with the ability to work and thrive in fast-paced environment.
• Position is based out of our Mansfield, Ohio location with limited travel required.
Keywords: Construction / Project Management, Mansfield, OH, Mansfield , VP of Operations, Executive , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!