Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The Material Manager will be responsible for managing the flow of
materials throughout the plant. This includes purchasing,
production scheduling, inventory control, warehousing, shipping,
and customer service.
- Investigates new developments relative to material and supplies
and takes action to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Prepares guidelines for the material planners to operate
- Sets safety stock levels of inventory components and finished
- Determines component delivery schedules to support the master
- Ensures an attainable master schedule to meet shipping dates
according to sales forecasts or customer orders, and to sustain the
balanced, targeted finished goods level.
- Communicates with suppliers to assure timely delivery.
- Reports and resolves material support concerns daily.
- Effectively supports manufacturing by minimizing schedule
nervousness and assuring component availability.
- Analyzes inventory to maximize turns.
- Plans for the phase in and phase out of new product
introductions and engineering changes to minimize excess and
- Manages and assesses the material requirements planning system
to assure consistency; analyzes the causes for inconsistency within
- Coordinate’s material planning activity for material with long
lead time as such to eliminate any potential supply interruption
and minimize inventory.
- Responsible for managing the material planning group.
- Optimizes inventory value and storage
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related degree.
- Five or more years of experience managing Materials,
Scheduling, Inventory, ETC.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Mansfield , Materials Manager, Executive , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!