Posted on: August 13, 2019
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your career,
you've found it. Whether you're an experienced professional, a
recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place
where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an
environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales,
supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something
special for you.
Summary: Responsible for supporting existing Warren Rupp product
lines and engineering/designing new and derivative products.
Develop creative and innovative solutions to solve design
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage design projects (VAVE, Product Improvement, NPD) as
assigned, including the completion of all necessary
- Provide technical support to all internal customers regarding
assigned product lines and new products developed. Resolve
production issues, quality issues and supplier issues.
- Develop design concepts utilizing SolidWorks and project plans
utilizing MS Project.
- Perform various Mechanical Engineering design
- Perform various computer simulations (Linear FEA, Nonlinear
FEA, CFD) to validate design concepts.
- Assure that all assigned projects remain on schedule and meet
cost targets and technical requirements.
- Conduct project team meetings.
- Develop test plans for quality issues, sourcing projects and
part/product validation and oversee lab testing and reporting.
- Initiate ECNs and make correction to drawings using
- Assist in the ECN checking process, including the checking of
all associated documentation.
- Contribute to the compilation and maintenance of the following
engineering documentation: bills of materials, solid models, detail
drawings, dimensional outline drawings, performance curves and
related literature, Engineering Change Notices, and product
operation and service manuals.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Participates in CPI activities
- Collects data for predetermined metrics
- Participates in cross training
- Applies 5S in area
- Project plans
- Product Cost Reduction
- ECN Cycle Time
- Time Allocation
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Written Communications
Process Owner's Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field, or
equivalent combination of education and
- Proficient in 3D CAD software, preferably SolidWorks
- Minimum 5 years of technical/engineering experience
- Specific skills, knowledge, and/or licenses:
- Creative and innovative problem solver
- Knowledge of cast metal component and molded plastic component
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes, including
machining, assembly, casting, injection molding
- Knowledge of Materials Science, specifically synthetic
elastomers and/or polymers
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong problem-solving skills
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people,
our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing
trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
Keywords: IDEX, Mansfield , Product Engineer, Engineering , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!