Head of Finance
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: November 25, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionAre you looking for a
patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you
and support your career?If so, join us as Head of Finance at our
new state-of-the-art plasma manufacturing facility just outside of
Covington, GA, approximately 30 miles east of Atlanta. Covington is
one of the largest biotech production sites in the world. It has a
key strategic role in our global manufacturing network, supplying
quality therapies to our patients. Fresh air and stunning
countryside on the fringe of Atlanta's cosmopolitan, the
multicultural city makes Covington the ideal place to live and
work.About the roleAs the Site Head of Finance, you will provide
leadership and financial management for the Covington Site. You
will develop and maintain the financial management and reporting
systems while collaborating with your site business partners to
provide financial insight and direction as we ramp up the facility
across fractionation, purification, and fill/finish. This is an
important role within the site leadership team to facilitate
creating value for our patients.How you will contribute
- Lead the monthly financial review processes with reporting,
analysis of variances, action planning and assess risks and
- Work with your internal customers (Site & Global Business
Partners and Global & Operating Unit Finance Partners) to
understand their reporting needs and deliver clear financial
reports and in process Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that allow
the team to deliver their team goals.
- Meet targeted Site and GMS (Global Manufacturing and Supply)
Finance goals, ensuring department objectives are aligned,
translated to all and visually managed to drive efficiency.
- Lead execution of financial planning processes: annual budget,
forecasts (mid-year commitment/latest best estimates), mid-range
- Develop the 3-year financial plan (MRP) for the site operations
that includes annual standard costing updates, including product
volumes, material costs, labor and overhead.
- Establish and manage the Internal Control Platform working with
corporate accounting, Takeda Business Services and Internal Audit
ensuring all corporate governance standards (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley),
local statutory requirements, and corporate finance and accounting
policies, practices and procedures are met.
- Drive the capital policy, evaluate new capital requirements and
participate in the project prioritization.
- Review and approve project controls reporting and provide
transparency of risks/contingencies.
- Sustained performance through lean leadership, learning and
development planning, organization talent reviews and communication
- Create an environment of right first time in everything that we
do through a focus on principles of lean, including simplification,
standard work, visual management and a learning organization.
- Manage updates of site achievements and challenges, and
identify risks within your area of responsibility and across the
- Collaborate cross-functionally to maintain a highly effective
and productive end-to-end approach across our business.
- Support and lead local projects to support sustainable
improvements in productivity and improved financial processes
- Ensure compliance with legal, EHS and all Takeda policies and
procedures which are applicable to the site.
- Enterprise mindset to ensure the right prioritization for the
- Promote a culture where diversity and inclusion are part of the
DNA.What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. A post-graduate
qualification (MBA, MSc., or PhD) would be ideal.
- 10+ years of operational finance experience in manufacturing
operations (biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical devices)
- Minimum 8 years of management experience. Demonstrated ability
to develop and grow capability in individuals and teams.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and IFRS accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of financial and non-financial metrics and
product costing.What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursementMore about us:At Takeda, we are
transforming patient care through the development of novel
specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.This posting excludes
Colorado applicants.#GMSGQ #ZR1#LI-LA1EEO StatementTakeda is proud
in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status,
national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic
information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam
era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran
in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and
any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsUSA - GA -
Social Circle - Hwy 278Worker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Mansfield , Head of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!