Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: March 11, 2020
Description:I. Basic Purpose: Accountability for the recording,
classification, and summary of transactions and events of a
financial nature for related corporate entities. Reviews and
verifies all statistical data to ensure accurate and timely
financial reports. Coordinates & facilitates the aspects of design,
validation, display, and analysis for analytically challenging
projects. Provide in-depth analysis in special projects to support
decision making by Managers, Administrator and Governing Body.II.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established corporate and departmental policies,
procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety
codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and
accrediting agency provisions as required.
- Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional
communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers.
Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of
teamwork and collaboration.
- Maintains and directs all computer system and adapts programs
to changing needs.
- Develops a strong understanding of internal systems and the
integrity of data that flows through them.
- Maintains departmental reports and records and collects
statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes corporate entity financial
statements, balance sheet and actual vs. budget variance
explanations for Administration and governing board.
- Collaborates with Managers in the preparation, analysis and
presentation of financial reports and statistics to the governing
board and Administration.
- Assists in developing departmental budgets in collaboration
with department managers and Administration.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly bank reconciliation for assigned
- Provides technical assistance to departments in the financial
evaluation/assessment of new programs/services.
- Monitors contract compliance and collaborates with other
departments to ensure timely renewals or discontinuance of
- Analyzing data and presenting to end user in a meaningful
- Develops and maintains a strong relationship with departments
to aide mangers in understanding and analyze budget comparatives
and other financial and statistical data.
- Prepares necessary materials for regular audits and works with
auditors. Plans, coordinates and prepares for year-end audits.
Ascertains that the properties of the hospital are properly
accounted for and reconciled.
- Prepare and collaborate with outside accounting and management
consulting firms in the preparation if financial feasibility.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to
position as mandated by Martin Health System.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.III. Minimum
Requirements (experience, training, and education): To effectively
fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following
requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. Previous experience
in hospital accounting, budgeting or financial analysis helpful.
Must possess strong computer skills in Excel and other Microsoft
Office applications, expertise in business administration;
technical and professional accounting skills; ability in financial
and operational systems.The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its
system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity
to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our
tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment
are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job
offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test
positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted
by Cleveland Clinics Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply
for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment,
transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best
qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status,
ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other
characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this
application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic
facility.Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Mansfield , Accountant analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!