Sr Finance Analyst - Broomfield, CO
Posted on: February 10, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by
solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
This position provides capital expenditure financial analysis and
reporting support to various teams in North American Operations.
The role includes but is not limited to preparing periodic
financial reports for capital expenditures, budgets and forecasts
as well as evaluating capital project business cases and the
underlying assumptions of those cases. The role works with varying
levels of management on other requests as necessary and with
various teams to validate data integrity from multiple sources to
provide insight and provide recommendations. The role may also
include assisting the teams with ensuring that capital spend is
approved and working to ensure that all capital projects have the
correct and requisite approvals assigned to them to ensure that
spend is properly tracked.
* Interpret financial data to determine trends of the overall
Business Unit financial performance.
* Anticipates process obstacles and decides next steps.
* Utilizes multiple systems to bring data together and provided
analysis on operational activities
* Detailed knowledge of business they support and how their role
impacts the Business Unit.
* Provide professional advice, guidance and service to internal or
* Financial and analytical support to Access Management
* Responsible for major elements of the close process including
journal entry evaluation, results variance explanation, reporting,
communicating and explaining results to clients and Business Unit
* Budgeting and forecasting using drivers.
* Partner with internal clients to provide financial data,
consultation and make recommendations regarding completion of
objectives, and improving operational effectiveness.
* Gather and organize data used to prepare financial/business
* Establish, interpret and analyze financial data including monthly
financial results, recommendations or preparing statements for
* Perform financial data analysis to support Business Unit in
analyzing corporate financial targets and operational
* Generate special ad hoc reports and perform analysis as requested
by supervisor, business partners/clients, and other Business Unit
* Improve partnerships with key internal clients by identifying
changing business needs, service expectations, quality and format
of data provided, and identify opportunities to improve service
* Leads multiple, complex, and financial/business analysis
* Review and revise processes as financial and business conditions
* Works on complex issues which require input from multiple sources
and innovative problem solving.
* Acts in a multi-discipline project leadership role working
towards the development of new solutions, processes, tools and
* Interfaces to negotiate and exchange information with all levels
* Focus on company-wide processes and initiatives.
* Step in for management when called upon to help lead meetings
* Support organization through training other analysts and business
partners on key reporting and forecasting processes
Bachelor's degree or higher in Business or relevant field or
* Minimum 5 years related experience.
* Strong financial and analytical skills.
* Ability to use advanced Excel functions.
* Ability to structure and convey ideas and information, both
verbally and in written presentation form, in a concise, effective
and persuasive manner to bring clear understanding to the target
* Ability to examine data from multiple sources to determine
whether correlation and linkage exist between data sets.
* Ability to organize and manage work in an efficient and effective
manner to ensure task, milestones and goals are met according to
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
* Prior work experience in regulatory or accounting.
* Knowledge of SAP software applications.
* Ability to work in a team environment
Bachelors or Equivalent in Accounting or Finance
Masters or Equivalent in Accounting or Finance
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 219750
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Mansfield , Sr Finance Analyst - Broomfield, CO, Accounting, Auditing , Mansfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!